Harmony Stewart is an event coordinator who functions effectively as a team player and manager to execute challenging agendas through excellent communication, prioritization, and proven ability to build productive business relationships. Consistent success working under a wide range of event circumstances with the adaptability to resolve a vast array of simultaneous issues.
- 6+ years of large-scale event coordinating experience
- Proven resourcefulness and ability to proactively prevent potential issues while thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Cost-effective purchasing within a budget and tight deadline
- Meticulous attention to detail while maintaining big-picture perspective
- Black belt in multi-tasking with ability to project consequences of proposed solutions
- Excels at contract negotiation, vendor coordination, and building lasting professional relationships
- Takes initiative to produce high quality results through creativity, adaptability, and business acumen
Electric Company – Austin, TX, SXSW 2013
Requested bids and negotiated for best price and service. Managed production and coordinated with venue staff on SXSW interactive and music events in conjunction with high profile corporate clients, requiring integrated marketing, complex scheduling and execution of various types of events such as sponsor-featured brunches and grills, product demonstrations, panels, and live music. Coordinated all vendors and managed all operational aspects, including setup and teardown of various ongoing events.
Yarbrough Companies/Yarbrough Festival Foodservice Inc. – Birmingham, AL
Sloss Fright Furnace 2012
Responsible for coordinating vendors, production timeline, conducting internet research, and purchasing supplies within budget and time frame. Negotiated for best prices and service, provided administrative support, managed staff, coordinated special effects artists, and contributed to overall design and production.
- Oversaw budget of $250,000 and cut costs by over $16,000 on operational and production expenses
Memphis In May International Festival – Memphis, TN, 2009 – 2012
Assistant Operations Director
Coordinated festival production, negotiated contracts, and managed on-site operations office and staff for this month-long, multi-festival, international event. Liaison for all departments and coordinator of all operational needs for Beale Street Music Festival, World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest, and Sunset Symphony.
- Beale Street Music Festival – 3-day festival in 25-acre park with approximate attendance of 30,000 per day. Played integral part in asset distribution for corporate sponsors, advancing shows, supervising runners, and coordinating production staff and artist hospitality for over 65 bands and 5 stages while liaising with all departments, vendors, and site crew.
- World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest – 4-day festival in 25-acre park with over 250 private parties and approximate attendance of 20,000 per day. Coordinated teams, vendors, asset distribution for corporate sponsors, and artist hospitality while liaising with all departments and site crew. Experienced in contract negotiation and vendor confirmation.
- Responsible for emergency management, accounts payable, credentials, parking passes, rented equipment, thousands of dollars of petty cash, and cross-departmental purchasing of supplies
- Required extreme attention to detail, the ability to analyze problems and project consequences of proposed actions, and extraordinary interpersonal skills
America’s Got Talent (NBC) – Austin, TX, January 2012
Production Assistant for Austin, TX, auditions. Registered contestants and provided general assistance to producers.
IMFCON – Austin TX, November 2011
Photographer for International Music Festival Conference and International Film Festival Summit
South Main Association – Memphis, TN, June 2010 – October 2011
Vice President and Events/PR Coordinator for Historic Arts District organization.
- Responsibilities included conceptualizing and coordinating monthly meetings and street festivals and promoting events and membership through social media
About.com, A New York Times Company, November 2009 – 2011 Contributing Writer and Photographer
Reported and made recommendations on Memphis music scene, events, and nightlife. Skilled at web writing, SEO, and social media.
Downtown Olympics – Memphis, TN, October 2008, 2009
Created entire event from the ground up. Managed committee, volunteers, team participation, and after party. Responsible for promoting, obtaining permits, and fundraising, including selling sponsorships.
- Developed sponsorship plan and achieved 100% success in sales
- Event more than doubled in participation the second year
Freelance Journalism, 2004 – 2011
Interviews, photography, and copy by deadline for several popular Memphis publications, such as Downtowner Magazine, Commercial Appeal, and Memphis Flyer.
Bachelor of Arts – English (Creative Writing) – University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
Contact at email@example.com