In January 2019, I changed career paths and am pursuing an M.A. in Counseling at St. Edward’s University. While a student, I would like to immerse myself in a therapy practice environment by offering my administrative skills and experience that have been consistently proven in varied, challenging professional circumstances.
- M.A. Counseling student at St. Edward’s who values compassion and confidentiality in accordance with ethical standards
- Exceptional administrative and computer skills including MS Office, Excel, and Quickbooks
- High standard of service, meticulous attention to detail, and excellent phone and email communication
C3 Presents – Austin, TX, September 2017 – December 2018
Responsible for on-site administrative support to production manager and stage managers. Required heavy accounts payable, organization, management and purchasing of resources, and the ability to prepare for possible problems in advance. Communicated effectively with vendors, team members, crew, and all department contacts, including those at the executive level.
Miscellaneous Rentals – Austin, TX, April 2015 – December 2018
Responsible for event rental, administrative support, and coordination with clients, ranging from individual private parties to professional event planners and film productions. Required accounting, multi-tasking, problem solving, and effective communication with customers, production crew, and vendors.
Blue Whale Moving Company – Austin, TX, May 2013 – December 2014
Assistant Operations Manager/Sales & Marketing
Required project management, persuasive sales techniques, strong attention to detail, comprehensive, strategic thinking, and a high standard of customer service. Multi-tasking, phone, email, and face-to-face communication. Created and implemented relevant marketing strategies, including radio spots, promotions, and copywriting. Responsible for dispute resolution and settlement of damage claims, requiring highly effective client relations
Electric Company Live – Austin, TX, February – March 2013
Site/Production Manager (SXSW)
Managed production and coordinated with venue staff on SXSW interactive and music events in conjunction with high profile corporate clients, requiring integrated marketing, complex scheduling and execution of various types of events such as sponsor-featured brunches and grills, product demonstrations, panels, and live music. Coordinated all vendors and managed all operational aspects, including setup and teardown of various ongoing events.
Sloss Fright Furnace/Yarbrough Companies – Birmingham, AL, July – November 2012
Assistant Operations Manager (Contract position)
Responsible for coordinating production timeline, conducting internet research, and purchasing supplies within budget and time frame. Requested bids, confirmed vendors, provided administrative support, managed staff, coordinated special effects artists, and contributed to overall design and production.
- Cut costs by over $16,000.00 on budgeted operational and production expenses.
Memphis In May International Festival – Memphis, TN, 2009 – 2012
Coordinated festival production and managed on-site operations office and staff for this month-long, multi-festival, international event. Liaison for all departments and coordinator of all operational needs for Beale Street Music Festival, World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest, and Sunset Symphony.
- Beale Street Music Festival – 3-day festival in 25-acre park with approximate attendance of 30,000 per day. Played an integral part in advancing shows, asset distribution for corporate sponsors, supervising runners, and coordinating production staff and artist hospitality for over 65 bands and 5 stages while liaising with all departments, vendors, and site crew.
- Responsible for hiring seasonal staff, credentials, parking passes, rented equipment, thousands of dollars of petty cash, and cross-departmental purchasing of supplies.
- Required extreme attention to detail, the ability to analyze problems and project consequences of proposed actions as well as extraordinary interpersonal skills to gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
About.com, A New York Times Company, November 2009 – 2011
Contributing Writer and Photographer
Reported and made recommendations on Memphis music scene, events, and nightlife. Skilled at web writing, SEO, and social media.
Freelance Journalism, 2004 – 2011
Interviews, photography, and copy by deadline for several popular Memphis publications, such as Downtowner Magazine, Commercial Appeal, and Memphis Flyer.
M.A. in Counseling student at St. Edward’s University, Austin, TX
- Clinical Mental Health Counselor/LPC Track, GPA 4.0
- Completed Professional Orientation (Spring 2019) and Legal and Ethical Issues classes (Summer 2019)
B.A. – English – University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
Contact at email@example.com.
“The level of attention Harmony offered clients was not just detail-oriented but also empathetically human-oriented.” – Pilou Miller, Miscellaneous Rentals
“Through her work, Harmony has dealt with all types of people and situations, all with a calm and level-headed demeanor. She gives great attention to detail, has an innate ability to multi-task, and always follows every task through to the end.” – Alison Ray, Live Nation/C3 Presents